Intake Admission Fees
(in addition to daily treatment fee)
Physician and Laboratory Fee: $25.00
*$15: is non-refundable, in the event admission is delayed.
Daily Treatment Fees
Methadone (all levels): $12.00
Buprenorphine up to 16 mg: $14.00
Buprenorphine 18 to 24 mg: $16.00
Buprenorphine over 24 mg: $18.00
Absent Fee: $9.00
Late Fee: $5.00
Chronic Late Fee: $10.00
Breathalyzer: $10.00 per month
Clonazepam screen: $13.00
Ethyl glucuronide (ETG) screen: $3.00
Patient Requested Drug Screen: $15.00
Guest Dosing set up fee (stepping stone patients): $15.00 per episode
Returned Check Fee: $15.00
Peak and/or Trough Blood test: $30.00
Urine Drug Screen GC/MS Confirmation: $30.00 per substance
Finance Charge: $20.00 per month not paid to $0
* Each patient will be charged for additional lab work deemed medically necessary by the Stepping Stone physician(s):
- Payment is required at the time of services and will be accepted at the front desk only.
- Patients must pay for all take home medication in advance, including weekends (payments are not accepted on the weekends except to stop a financial taper)
- Treatment fees are charged regardless of attendance.
- In the event of absence due to hospitalization, treatment fees will be charged up to 4 days. After the 4th day of absence, treatment is officially transferred to the care facility until discharge.
- New patients will be limited to a $0 balance in their first 30 days of treatment.
- After 30 days of treatment, patients will be limited to a $40 balance.
- All patients must pay their balance to $0 at least once in every 30-day period to avoid finance charge.
- Requests for short-term financial assistance must be made at least 24 hours in advance and in writing.
- Counselors are not authorized to approve or negotiate payment terms.
*Patients not in compliance with Stepping Stone financial policies will be assigned “pre-pay status” and must pay their fees in full each day.
Financial Hardship Taper
After 5 days in treatment, if a patient has a demonstrated financial hardship and can no longer afford treatment they will be offered a medication taper period based on the following schedule:
Prescribed methadone: 6 day taper period
Prescribed buprenorphine: 3 day taper period
During the taper period medication dosage will be reduced each day down until zero. Daily fees will continue to be charged to the patient’s balance during this time. Should the patient elect to stop the taper or re-enter treatment, all applicable fees must be paid.
* Stepping Stone reserves the right to reduce, or refuse, the taper period for patients whose account balances are too high (or have outstanding returned checks) if it is not medically contraindicated.
Personal Check Policy
- No checks will be accepted from patients during the first 90 days of treatment
- Returned checks and the $15 returned check fee must be paid off in 3 days
- Legal charges will be filed for unpaid returned checks
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept a check at our discretion
Credit Card Policy
- A minimum payment of $30 must be made if using a credit/debit card
- All debit cards will be run as credit
- Credit card must be present for payment in the facility unless payment is made over the phone
- We will take credit card payments by phone at our discretion
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept a credit card at our discretion